Monday, April 18, 2016

New Serial Novel Coming Soon!

Yeah, you read that right. I've been mulling the idea of a serial novel over in my mind for a while, and I've decided to put Yorsyl's Rise on hold to work on this project instead. I simply don't have the time to devote to a novella right now, so a serial novel (comprised of 20 parts ranging from 7,000-10,000 words in length) is more my speed right now. I needed a serious break from writing and editing The Soulless King: Part One today, both to let some ideas percolate and to allow myself a breather from some of the serious and heavy subjects in the book, so I decided to get myself pumped for Axis of the Soul: Part One by designing and creating a cover--and, actually, my first ever real cover.

This took me many more hours than I'd like to admit, and was done between interviews, but I'm really proud of it. Everything from the line work to the patterns were custom made today... and I learned a lot about Photoshop and my skills in it today. I'll have to say, it turned out a lot better than I was expecting. :)

Each cover will feature a different color to help differentiate one part from the next. Axis of the Soul: Part Two will be either blue or yellow; I haven't decided yet. Anyway, I hope the first in this series will be out soon. I'll have a more definitive release date in a few days, once I've properly mapped out and written Part One and have figured out how the whole thing will work. Enjoy the cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment