Thursday, May 1, 2014

You Telling Me the Birds in Your World Don't Poo Little Pillow Cases?

I refuse to let this depression monster get me down, which is why, beginning tonight, I'm changing everything about my life. Well, almost everything. I'll still be living where I'm at, but I'm changing my daily routine during the week, because I refuse to be stuck inside all day, letting life pass me by.

I'll wake at seven o'clock every morning--no more sleeping until ten or eleven just because I have "nothing to do" (that's bullshit, I have TONS to do). After breakfast, I'll apply for as many jobs as I can, then head to the gym at ten o'clock and do my weight-lifting routine; that usually takes about an hour, so I'd be home around eleven for lunch. Huh. Notice how instantly I'll have accomplished more by eleven than I would just by sleeping in? Yeah. And I'm pretty sure this will also make me feel more accomplished, which usually helps in my case of depression. After lunch, I'll stroll over to a local brewery with my laptop, order up a brew or two, and work on Soulbound and other books of The Inrugian Chronicles. Sometime around three or four, I'll walk home, cook dinner, and enjoy time with my beau before we hit the gym for cardio.

This will be my new routine until I find a job, and I think it will help me a lot--not only to keep myself from being depressed, but to give myself focus and a purpose. Part of my depression--and this isn't true of everyone--stems from sitting at home trying to write all day. I crave structure, and I always have, even as a child. Without structure to my life, I fall apart, because in my mind, everything has no purpose, and where purpose lacks, so does the drive to do anything productive. I'd rather spend my time giving myself purpose than letting my life drift away. True, I have a lot of work to do before Soulbound is 100% ready, but it will never be complete if I don't give it my all.

I'm glad I made this decision, and to be honest, I hope I can implement it. I tend to get lazy in the mornings, but if I remind myself that doing this long enough will give me a sense of purpose, then I'll be able to get motivated enough to move forward and get my life in gear. =) And for that...I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment